Navigating Tech Horizons: Unveiling Trends of 2024 – Part 1 of 2
Approaching the close of 2023, the technological horizon unfolds with the promise of innovations that will define the trends of 2024. In the rapidly evolving landscape of artificial intelligence (AI), these advancements become crucial pillars for organizational growth and resilience. This article marks the inception of a two-part exploration into Gartner Technology Trends for the following year.
AI Trust, Risk, and Security Management (AI TRiSM)
In the dynamic realm of tech trends, AI TRiSM takes center stage, urging organizations to navigate the landscape of AI with caution and foresight.
Understanding AI TRiSM
AI TRiSM encompasses governance, trustworthiness, fairness, reliability, robustness, efficacy, and data protection for AI models. This holistic approach includes solutions for interpretability, explainability, data protection, model operations, and resilience against adversarial attacks.
Threats of Generative AI
- Ambiguity Challenges: The lack of understanding surrounding AI concepts poses challenges in explaining its intricacies.
- Open Accessibility Concerns: The open accessibility of tools like ChatGPT raises alarms, demanding vigilant management.
- Confidentiality Risks: Third party AI tools introduce risks to data security, emphasizing the need for stringent controls.
- Dynamic Threat Landscape: Evolving threats mandate the development of novel methods to detect and counter AI attacks.
- Regulatory Embrace: Emerging regulations underscore the importance of compliance controls, necessitating proactive measures.
Gartner projects that integrating TRiSM controls into AI applications will enhance decision-making accuracy, eliminating 80% of inaccurate information by 2026. Embrace the transformative potential of AI TRiSM for a future where AI aligns seamlessly with reliability, security, and ethics.
Continuous Threat Exposure Management (CTEM)
In the cybersecurity arena, proactive measures are crucial to combat the agility of attackers. Continuous Threat Exposure Management (CTEM) emerges as a proactive solution, fortifying defenses against evolving cyber risks.
Building a CTEM Program in 5 Steps
- Scoping: Define your organization's "attack surface" comprehensively.
- Discovery: Uncover and evaluate assets beyond traditional entry points.
- Prioritization: Address threats based on urgency, compensating controls, and risk tolerance.
- Validation: Confirm potential vulnerabilities' exploitation and assess response plan robustness.
- Mobilization: Share the CTEM plan for operationalizing findings and streamlining approval workflows.
A Future of Enhanced Security
Gartner predicts that organizations prioritizing CTEM will be three times less likely to suffer a breach by 2026. Embrace the proactive potential of Continuous Threat Exposure Management for a secure future.
In the vision for a sustainable future, Gartner predicts a significant impact on CIOs' compensation tied to sustainable technology by 2027. Sustainable Technology extends beyond internal IT operations, leveraging technology for broader environmental and social outcomes.
Defining Sustainable Technology
Sustainable Technology fosters Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) outcomes, supporting long-term ecological balance and human rights.
Creating Opportunities across Three Business Areas
- Internal IT Operations: Reduce emissions and emphasize human rights and ethical sourcing.
- Enterprise Operations: Optimize operations by prioritizing technology investments aligned with sustainability.
- Customer Operations: Offer products and services empowering customers to achieve sustainability objectives.
Actions for a Sustainable Future
Establish a proficient sustainable technology portfolio, integrating established and cutting-edge technologies based on identified material issues for future success.
Platform Engineering emerges as an accelerated approach for application delivery, focusing on developer experience, self-service capabilities, and automated infrastructure operations.
Current Trends and Future Projections
Gartner predicts a surge in Platform Engineering teams, offering reusable services and tools, addressing collaboration challenges between developers and operators.
Operational Dynamics of Platform Engineering
Crafted and maintained by dedicated product teams, Platform Engineering provides versatile and reusable tools, catering to diverse user groups.
Versatile Applications and Optimization
Platform Engineering aims to enhance user experience, liberating developers from managing delivery pipelines and low-level infrastructure, streamlining focus on application development. Discover the transformative potential of Platform Engineering for your organization's technological evolution and business success.
AI-Augmented Development, utilizing generative AI and ML, revolutionizes software engineering, boosting productivity and innovation.
- Integration with Development Environment: Seamless integration into engineers' environments for code generation, translation, and enhanced testing capabilities.
- Enhanced Productivity: AI-assisted software engineering allows teams to focus on high-level tasks like application design.
Immediate AI Integration
- Generative AI for Code Generation: Utilize tools like GitHub Copilot for efficient AI-driven code creation.
- AI in App Modernization: Deploy AI, such as ChatGPT, for automated translation of code.
- User Experience Enhancement: Address user expectations for AI-driven products, incorporating conversational interfaces.
- AI in Software Testing: Harness AI to revolutionize software testing, enhancing test efficacy and speeding up delivery cycles.
AI-Augmented Development emerges as a transformative force, empowering engineers to innovate and meet the evolving demands of software development.
Wrapping up part one of our journey into the technological future of 2024, we find ourselves on the cusp of a paradigm shift. These trends, fueled by AI, are not just innovations; they are strategic tools fortifying organizations for an era defined by trust, sustainability, and specialized technologies. Stay tuned for the release of part two, where we will talk about new trends that the new year will bring.